Price: £6.99 + £2.85 P&P = £9.84
Cheapest place to purchase: Amazon.co.uk
Gauge Size: 16G and 18G needles
Complete body piercing kit
Many people are doing their piercings at home these days.
One of the main reason being that getting a piercing done by a certified piercer in a studio is just too damn expensive.
Why spend all that money when you can do the piercing yourself?
Well, it’s not really that simple.
Self-piercing can be very dangerous if you do not use the correct equipment. You should refrain from using safety pins and sewing needles to do your piercings as they are just not sterile.
What comes with the piercing kit?
When you purchase yourself a piercing kit you will receive all of the main equipment you need in order to perform a safe and sterile piercing.
This kit contains:
- 16G and 18G sterile piercing needles
- 1 stainless steel forceps clamp
- 1 pair of black latex gloves
- 4 pieces of high quality 316L surgical steel body jewelry
The basic equipment you need in order to safely pierce your ear, nose or lip at home.
Pros & cons of this body piercing kit
Overall, this product is very high quality. I have used this particular kit myself a few times over the years I have been performing safe home peircings.
I do not solely rely on this particular piercing kit, but I would just as happily use this one as I would use any other professional piercing kit!
From my experience the pros and cons of this kit are as follows:
- Very high quality equipment. The forceps, needles and jewelry are all made of the best quality surgical stainless steel. The gloves are made of black latex and are also of good quality.
- The price. If you purchase this piercing kit you certainly get your value for money. It works out cheaper than buying all the items included individually. It is certainly a lot cheaper than getting a piercing done in a studio.
- Needles are sterilized using ethylene oxide gas (EO).
- The kit itself does not contain sterile swabs or any other cleansing products for piercing preparation and equipment sterilization after use.
- It can be dangerous to self-pierce.
- Does not come with instruction so you should find some instructions online.
Overall, the pros outweigh the cons. If you want to pierce your ear, lip or nose at home and are on a budget, this kit would be perfect for you.
Other items you will need
There are also a few other separate items you should purchase along with this kit.
Some of the items you should get are:
Money you will save
By buying this piercing kit, you will actually save a lot of money if it is a piercing you were going to get anyway.
Buying the items included in this kit individually would cost you about £15. Whereas the complete kit including postage and packaging will only cost you £9.84.
Think about it this way – getting the piercing done professionally would cost you well over twice or even three times this amount of money.
Even if you buy the other items I suggest above you will still bee better off than you would be.
This kit is perfect for any responsible piercing fan who is on a budget.
Why choose this kit?
For a start, many of the other piercing kits you can get come with forceps which are made from plastic, usually acrylic. This is not very hygienic because acrylic is not suitable for boiling, steam treatment or use in an autoclave. Therefore should be disposed of after one use to prevent bacteria from spreading.
The stainless steel forceps that come with this kit are reusable as you can sterilize them by boiling, steaming or autoclaving. You should always be sure to sterilize equipment before reusing to prevent the spreading of infection or bacteria.
I’m not going to recommend to anyone to do their own piercings. Although I will recommend this complete piercing kit to anyone who knows what they are doing.
If you use this kit properly and follow a trustworthy set of instructions, you should be able to give yourself a totally sanitary and safe piercing.
This is the same type of equipment you will find in piercing studios. The equipment the professionals use.
I hope you enjoyed this review and found some use in it. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment.